Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup w2k IPsec to connect to WRV54G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2003
US
I have been tried to setup a w2k client to establish VPN connection on Linksys WRV54G, but can't make it work.

What I tested: 1. ping VPN LAN ip, ping 192.168.1.1, gets Negotiating IP Security, Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss).
2. I had enabled audit but Security Event didn't list any errors.
3. I can ping WRV54G public ip.
4. Netdiag /test:ipsec /debug seems OK. For the details, go to
How did I setup: 1. On WRV54G, enabled all passthrough. local secure group are 192.168.1.0, 255.255.255.0, remote secure group 192.168.0.0, 255.255.255.0, remote secure gateway 12.248.a.b (a and b are some numbers), DES3, MD5 and PFS.
2. on client IP security policy, created two rules, IP Filter List, Filter Action, Authentication method, Tunnel Settings and Connection Type based on Linksys document. For the details, go to
Questions: how do I troubleshoot this problem? How can I know if it is vpn setting issue or w2l client IPsec issue?

Thank you

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network and How to at

The firmware of WRV54G is still under the construction, use BEFVP41 instead.

markku,

Thank you for the help.

I also called Linksys, and they told me that we must have static IP to make it work. They did also recommend to use BEFVP41 and BEFSX41.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network and How to at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back