Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup veritas exchange agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjc

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2001
CA
Hi. Can some one help me please?.
Can some one send me the procedures for installing the veritas exchange agent.
I would like to install the exchange agent on a different server and from that server pickup the exchange database and mailbox using the network.
I am using veritas ver.8.5.
I tryed the instructions that came with veritas and when I try to backup the exchange server it is grayed out.
I cannot choose anything.

Thank you in advance.

Juan cuffaro
Jcuffaro@foxboro.ca.

Make sure that the user that Backup Exec is using to access the Exchange Site has admin access to all Exchange Items. Also make sure that The Exchange Server has an Remote Agent on it in addition to the Exchnage one.

depending on how big your information store is and the network connection you have, I would'nt recommend backing up your exchange box over the network. Especially if you do a brick by brick mailbox backup. you will also have to a the outlook client running on your exchange box. And make sure that you have created a service account with a mailbox as well

In addition to installing the Exchange Agent I think that you have to install Exchange Administration on the Backup Server.

Thank you for the Info.
The problem was from veritas that did not send me the right number for the exchange agent.

Thaks for you help.
Juan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back