Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Telnet access to my Octel

Status
Not open for further replies.

id07355

Technical User
Dec 16, 2003
US
Hi, i have an Octel 250 and am using dial up access to it. However, due to a new product we recently aquired, i would like to setup Telnet access to the Octel. Does anyone have information on how to set this up or know anyone who does. Out with the dial up and in with the telnet.

Thanks in advance

-id07355-

id07355,
The O250/350 requires a telnet port replicator. You connect it to a serial port.

Not as clean and sweet and the 200/300 where Telnet is provided after S.3.0

Don

Hey, thanks for the super fast reply Don. So a port replicator huh? I am assuming that is some type of ethernet to com port addapter i need to pick up? Any idea if any old kind can be used or is there something special that may have to be used?

thanks

That's right. I'll search for the make/model...One of my customers just bought them for all their O350's

Don

Lantronix UDS-10 Device Server
Part #: UDS-10-02

this will work very well for what you need to do

Alrighty, thanks everyone, I've found part i need, we had some com to ethernet adapters lying around here. Now my next question is; Where do i plug into on the Controller Card on the Octel. I am assuming the LAN com port on top?
Right now we are using the modem com port on the bottom for dial up.

Also, is it possible to leave the dial up enabled for RMA? Or must it be removed?

no you plug it into one of async port on the CCF card but you must make sure that it is programed as a smt in menu 6 sub menu 3

Alrighty,

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to reply to my post. One last question i have is this: I know i need a cable to connect the CCF card to the telnet port replicator, it looks like a 9 pin to 15 pin, but does anyone know what the pin out is? I am going to try a straight through cable that i am ordering, does anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back