Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Remote Desktop Licensing Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
I bought 10 RDP license pack (user CAL). I want have a couple of servers share these. I have been looking for the best way to set this up but I am getting conflicting ways. I have a License server (server 2012) which I want to use and then point the servers that need to use the licenses to the License server. For the Roles am I doing Role-Based/Feature based Installation or Remote Desktop Services Installation? What Roles do I need to add? Can someone point me in the correct direction and best way to accomplish this?

Happy New Year !

You can load the license pack on your current license server.

one simple way to do it -- is to setup the remote desktop servers to hold all RDS roles on their own, except license server.

on those servers, pointing the license server to your current one, all other rds roles like computer broker, pointing to itself.

this is not a way to build a RDS farm. but it should share the licenses.

Good luck,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back