Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup phone on Mitel 3300 to not have to login 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBTTC

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2018
US
Hi,
I'm trying to setup a 5312 IP or 5320e IP phone to not have to login to use for our lobby.
I'm trying to change an existing phone that was use for Hot Desking to this but getting an error of Duplicate MAC.
I did delete the MAC from the system but still getting it.
Please Help.

Why not just change the extension number for the phone? Hot desking doesn't need a device assigned.

I don't want it to be a Hot Desk phone. I want the phone to be always on.

My suggestion is to make sure you deleted the MAC address of the phone you want to use and make sure you delete any extension entries associated with the phone, or the location. Just blow them out and start clean. Try using the IP telephone inventory to ensure that you have cleared out anything that needs to be cleared out. Using "Locate Number" command can be useful if you start having conflict with extension numbers.

I was able to find the phone by using IP Telephone Inventory and changed to the extension I want.
Phone is now showing Locked. I tried unplugging with * key pressed to reset it but still showing locked.

You can unplug/replug using the arrow key to access the phone programming. In my company, we usually default the phone (tools and features menu) then hold the arrow key again while the phone is rebooting after the default, get into the network settings, static IPv4 and only enter the ICP and TFTP information.

If it is showing Locked, it is likely configured to use a Multidevice License.

Create a Multidevice User Group with the Prime DN of the phone as the Group Number

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Locked = Device Only
change the phone licese type to full

also change the COS COR to something appropriate

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Wow, first time using the forum and I want to thank you everyone for helping this newbie get this resolved.
I changed the service level to Full and the locked went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back