Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setup of exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbert3200

Technical User
Jun 10, 2001
AU
i can't seem to setup exchange 2000. i can send emails to other people in my domain, and i can sent to other domains, eg hotmail. but i cant recive emails. my domain is ironium9.com. could someone please do an nslookup to see if my dns server is setup?. also, anyone with any other ideas on how to make this thing work, please help :).

thanks

When I ping you at 129.250.35.251 I timed out. Same for 203.164.45. Your DNS server appears to be there. Have you spoken to Verio about the problem?
Look at the root dns. We had to remove the first entry (.) to make 2k work. It seems that if the root is present and the local server can't resolve the address it won't work. There is a white paper on this issue.

Good luck.

the root is removed on my server.
KidGloves: why did it resolve to 10.0.0.1?? i am using that internaly. how do i make dns resolve to 203.164.45.11??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back