Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup of Digital Recording Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

twmeyer

MIS
Mar 31, 2003
US
I have a digital recording device that is connected to digital station ports. I can record a call by conferencing in a recorder port. I am trying to set up a button on a 2616 to automatically record a call when pressed. I have created a button using the Direct Hot Line/No-Hold Conference feature that works great except for one problem. If you press the button multiple times, the switch will conference multiple channels of the recorder. The result is that each channel will record the conversation and the channels are not released will the call is disconnected. The only way I've found to free the ports is to disable and reenable them. I would like to use the Malicious Call Trace feature but it seems to only work with trunk ports instead of station ports. Does anyone have a suggestion/idea that I could try?

Thanks,

Tracey Meyer

Tracey:

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm trying to accomplish something similar for one of my clients, but in my case the recording device has 2616 emulators. The customer wants to use no hold conference to conference in the 2616 (recording port) and initiate the recording session. My unanswered questions are as follows:

1. If I have multiple conferencing ports should I just set up an acd for the 4 ports we are using (will no hold conference work with an acd queue?)

2. I have to get the 2616 emulator to go off hook & initiate recording session automatically - checking with recording vendor on this.

Hi,
You can using the EDAC interface for those , it is designed for nortel digital phone ....

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back