Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup new Group Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaG33k

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
US
I need to set up a Group hunt, 6 numbers with one pilot DN. and it needs to be availible 24 hours a day. I have package 120 installed and all of my group hunt lists allowed under system parameters. I just dont know where to go next. Thanks in advance for all the help

IT1

Can you tell us what your trying to do and then we will be able to tell you if Grout Hunt will work or is there a better way to do it.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

To create Hunt Groups you need to use LD18 to store the extensions in the Group Hunt List and LD57, which assigns the Pilot DN to the Group Hunt List.

LD 18
REQ NEW
TYPE GHT
CUST 0
LSNO (Next List Number)
DNSZ (Directory Number Size)
SIZE (Size of list, How many entries)
STOR 00 XXXX (XXXX = Directory Number)
WRT (C/R)
STOR 01 XXXX (XXXX = Directory Number)

Continue with store entries until list completed.

Attaching a Pilot DN (PLDN) to the list number LD 57

REQ CHG
TYPE FFC
CUST 0
CODE PLDN
PLDN (Pilot Directory Number, which must be a unique number on the Meridian)
USE GPHT (Group Hunting)
LSNO List number created in LD 18)
HTYP (RRB=Round Robin, LIN = Linear)
CFWI (NO = Skip Extn if CFW Activated
YES = Terminate on Extn if CFW Activated)
MQUE (ALL = No limit on queued Calls
0 = No calls to be queued
1 = Maximum of 1 call queued)

In order to add or remove an extn number from a group hunt list you need to know the list number (LSNO)and the store entry number (STOR within the list. You will need to use this procedure if you get a SCH8825 message when changing a TN.
You can get this information by printing the Group Hunt Lists in overlay LD 20.
REQ PRT
TYPE GHT
LSNO (c/r for all the lists or enter the list no)
Check the print out to obtain the correct information.

The changes are made in LD 18.

REQ CHG
TYPE GHT
LSNO (enter the list number which requires changing this is the GHLN from the above print out)
SIZE (c/r)
WRT (c/r)
STOR enter the store number concerned then space then the extentsion (DN) number
STOR XX YYYY for example
WRT (c/r) Yes to update the list.
To remove an entry at the STOR prompt
STOR enter the store number, space(c/r)
STOR XX space bar
WRT (c/r)
Carriage return through to the REQ prompt.
LSNO can be more or less any number, mine start at 50 it's not a DN just a number used to id a list
DNSZ is the size of your DN's eg 2 digit or 3 digit or 4 digit .....
SIZE - is how many entries will there be in the hunt group ( if you build a group that has 5 users ) you can set it to 5 or more, 10 maybe to allow for additional members.
STOR this is where you enter your members DN's STOR 0 is first then you get STOR 01 up to the value of SIZE ....
Just C/R past WRT

Mato' Was'aka

I am trying to set up a list of 6 DODs that an 800 number can hunt to for an eNotify server. So I want the incoming call to be able to route to any of the 6 available lines skipping any of the line that are already being used.

Thanks bigindian, but I read the post you copied that from and I get an error when I get to the STOR prompt.

SCH8820 The DN entered is not valid for the GHT list.

Why isnt it vaild? its an open DN.

the hunt group that big.. posted will work.. i assume they are not dod, that direct out dial but either did or dnis (inbound).. another way to do the same thing is change the cls hta and hunt xxxx to the next station..

chg
4 0 0 1
echg yep
cls hta
hunt 1001

chg
4 0 0 2
echg yep
cls hta
hunt 1002

so if 4 0 0 1 is 1000, it will hunt (busy treatment) to 1001, 1001 hunts to 1002.. the limit on that is 32 stations.. a second way to build a short hunt

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Print the DNB of the numbers your trying to use and Print one TNB of one of then here so we can see them.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

An open DN? As in not in use? THat will not fly - hunt is not going to hunt to an arbitry number, it has to be established. Better post info ACE ask for.

Mato' Was'aka

You did not say if these were digital or analog lines, if digital, you might find assigning the same MCR key to each phone the easy way to do this. It will cut down on administration in the long run as you can add and subtract from phones easily. This will also give the users a more visual indication of where the calls are coming from.

the thing is MCR wont work, there are no users, its going in to a dialogic card on a server. i think the easiest way would be for me to just use the short hunt option. its a little hokey, but as long as it gets the job done.

They are all digital sets, 2616s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back