Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SETUP IMESSENGER SERVER WITH EXCHANGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2002
AO
HI I HAVE STEUP EXCHANGE 2000 AND ITS WORKING FINE TILL YESTERDAY, WHEN MY BOSS ASK ME TO SETUP INSTANT MESSEGER WITH EXCHANGE. I DID AS IT EXPLAINS IN THE BOOK.

1) CREAT A VIRTUAL SERVER (IM SERVER) HPSTING USER ACCOUNTS

2) THEN THE RECORDS IN DNS POINTING TO THE SERVER AND TO THE SERVER LOCATION

WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN MESSENGER PROMT ME WITH USER CREDETIALS BOX ASKING FOR E-MAIL, USERNAME AND PASWORD PLUS DOMAIN, EVEN WITH THAT I CAN NOT SING IN TO MY EXCHANGE IM SERVER

HELP PLZ

THANKS IN ADVANCE PUPA ARAUJO
ANGOLA

Turn off caps lock it will mess up your password. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thankx Xyberton

but this is not the case

for some reason its not working

i change the name off the virtual server to match the fqdn to the exchanger server and now i can sign inolny using the name@im.dimain.com like that i can

PUPA ARAUJO
ANGOLA

well at least you can login to yours, mine worked ok till SP2 and never again, ive even rebuilt the server and started a fresh, ive done it by the book over and over checked permissions etc, but still get server unavailible even though its running.

I got so miffed with it i reverted to ICQ and routed it through the firewall.

Has anyone else had these probs with IMS after sp2 for exc 2k has been installed.

AN icq user :)

Rob

Are you still using 5.5? I see IMS but want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

What is the problem? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

HI

for some reasons if u do setup a diferente name than the your exchange server name fqdn it can not find it. so i change it to my exchange server name and then went to my ISS, becouse its using default web site, and gave permitions to my users that have isntant IM. But know i cannot send it to the internet. But in this case i think its my ISA server. PUPA ARAUJO
ANGOLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back