Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Guides For beginners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KilroySilk

Technical User
Jan 10, 2003
GB
Hi there,

Apologies if this type of question has been posted before, the forum search feature wasn't working my hour of need!

Basically my question for anyone that can help is this: Do you know of any Online free Win2000 server setup guides for beginners? Anything that can help a newbie like myself with the lingo, and other things I should expect when setting up a very simple server/client network as part of a college project. I really don't fancy paying for one of these Dummies books etc.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Ryan.

Thanks, epsison, the help is much appreciated (Can't think why I didn't check microsoft sooner!).

Any other decent sites out there guys?

I asked a queestion about subnetting before and someone told me about these sites. More advanved than just setting up Windows Server as it it more or less Network Infrastructure as well, but they are good guides. -------------------------------
MCSE in training.
Currently I've gone through the following books:
70-210 Win2K Professional
70-215 Win2K Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back