Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup GSM Adapter outgoing call overflow to SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsen

Technical User
Jul 12, 2014
MK
We have a GSM adapter with 1 line (analog) that we route calls to cell phones to with global User rights.

However, theres moments where multiple extensions dial a cell phone and we would like to set up the server so that if the GSM Adaptor line is already taken to route the call through the SIP trunk instead.

Is something like this possible?

If so, how do I achieve this?

----------------

What worked so far, is I went into the analog line, and added the outgoing ID to be the same as my SIP.
What this does it merges those two lines together.

But when I go into User rights, I only see the SIP line and no longer see the analog line as outgoing. So when a call is made it goes out of the analog/GSM adapter even if its a fixed telephone number (according to the prefix).

How do I favor GSM number be sent through the analog and SIP (if analog isn't available)?
And fixed only through SIP?

Use ARS instead of shortcodes in the user right.

Add a second ARS, routing the call to SIP and set this ARS as overflow in the MAIN ARS

What worked so far, is I went into the analog line, and added the outgoing ID to be the same as my SIP.
What this does it merges those two lines together.

Guess you mean outgoing line group?.... but it's wrong anyway, don't do that :)

You need to use ARS for this :)

Thats what I've done and it work...however the Alternative Route Wait Time wont go below 5 seconds.

Is there a way to instantly connect the user to the Alternative Route or at least set it to 1 second? When its set to Off it just waits for the other line to end the call.

It is instant, the 5 secs is only apllied to users with a lowered priority, the default bypasses that setting :)

So I should also set the Alternative Route Priority Level to 5. Or will 3 also result in an instant transfer?

Alright. Thanks for all your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back