Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup for NT8D14 (Univ Trk) for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

innytech

Technical User
May 1, 2014
US
Hello All:
I am trying to test Univ-Trk (NT8D14)in MG1010 chassis in a lab setting. Can I administer the NT8D14 completely from the EM? What options do I need to either access the trunk and dial external number? Or directly connect to the trunk port and test it for calls?

With EM configurations below: When I press ‘88’ from any phone connected to the switch, I do not get a second dial tone? When I press ‘9’, I get a second dial tone, but anything number pressed after that gives me a busy signal. When I connect an analog phone directly to the trunk port, I hear each key-pressed tone, and can't do anything with it. (Only TIE gives me the key-pressed tones among other options I've tried) Can anyone help me with all the options needed to test the 8 ports?
THANKS in advance!!
___________________________________________Current settings:
-------Route------
Route data block (RDB) (TYPE):RDB
Customer number (CUST):00
Route number (ROUT):101
Designator field for trunk (DES):Test1
Trunk type (TKTP):TIE
Incoming and outgoing trunk(ICOG):Incoming and Outgoing (IAO)
Access code for the trunk route (ACOD):88
Trunk type M911P (M911P) :
The route is for a virtual trunk route (VTRK) :
Digital trunk route (DTRK) :
Integrated services digital network option (ISDN) :
Calling number dialing plan (CNDP) Unknown

------Trunk------
Auto increment member number: 8
Trunk data block: TIE
Terminal number: 4 0 3 00
Designator field for trunk: Test
Extended trunk: Enhanced Extended Universal Trunk (EXUT)
Member number: 1
Level 3 Signaling: Outgoing Automatic incoming dial (OAD)
Card density: 8D
Start arrangement Incoming : Immediate (IMM)
Start arrangement Outgoing: Immediate (IMM)
Trunk group access restriction: 1
Channel ID for this trunk:
Network music:
Class of Service

I'll appreciate your help!
Inny

Thanks for the quick response. When I set it up as COT, I don't even get the key-pressed tone when I press keys as mentioned ealier. Also, I should have noted that I am not connecting to an actual CO. I would be connecting to an in-house extension number or into another switch to provide dial tone into the trunk or any other way suggested to test the trunk port for functionality.

You should be able to run an analog trunk or extension into this Loop Start Cot port on the NT8d14 card and get dial tone.

I agree. From other phones on the switch (say M3902 digital) should I not be able to get that dial tone by pressing the ACOD: 88 that I setup, or do you think something else missing? Thanks.

For testing

As posted, make this a COT Route; Set TARG=0 - most everyone else can be default.
Make the trunk SIGL=LOP and CLS=DTN, moist everything else can be default

For the test "phone", set CLS=UNR

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back