Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Exchange Server 5.5 with POP3 Accounts......

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberoo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2001
US
I have a windows 2000 server (SP2) and Exchange 5.5 w/SP4.

I have 10 client pc's using Outlook 3 OL98 7 OL2k.

All 10 users have individual pop3 email accounts(ie user@adelphia.net, user2@adelphia.net). We set up the Exchange server for the sharing of resources contacts, scheduling etc and for Palm Pilot usage.

Now Management likes it a lot and would like to use it to manage all of the individual pop3 accounts. However when I setup Outlook with internet e-mail and also Microso0ft exchange server I end up with one set of folders on the server and another set (Via a PST) on the individual PC. How can I combine these folders into one?

I deally I would like all of the mail to reside on the server including the pop3 stuff.

If this is a redundant question I appologize. I am new to the Exchange Server and am having a hard time figuring this out with out screwing up what I already have.

Thanks,

Bob

Copy the users mail back to the exchange server and configure outlook to use the mailboxes on the server. you will need to go to each client to do this. Let me know if you need more information. as you know you will not have pop3 clients any more

scavngr@yahoo.com

Okay I get that copy the pop3 pst mail, calendar etc to the exchange mailbox. And then I delete the the pop3 client. But how do I get the pop3 mail to come into the server mailbox?

you should be able to open both mail stores at the same time using outlook. Then use the copy or move command

So I guess there is no way of automating this so that the user does not see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back