Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Avaya 1416 feature keys in Emetrotel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoJHK

Systems Engineer
Nov 16, 2017
HK
Dear experts,

I could not find how to setup the feature keys for Avaya 1416 in Emetrotel.
Is any document or advise to help me?

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know, it does not matter what the phone type is - you should configure programmable keys the same way for the Avaya 1416 phone as for any other one..

Here is a link to the documentation how to configure an extension - see the section "Programmable Keys" close to the end of the page:

Hi ucxguy,
Thanks a lot and I knew how to configure the program keys.

That would however mean that the phone actually grabs a configuration and I doubt that it does.

Avaya NOT Nortel, different animal

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

If I am not mistaken, Avaya 1416 is a digital phone. To use this phone on a UCX system, you need the E-MetroTel DSM16 card that converts the Avaya digital signaling to XSTIM. To the UCX system, this phone therefore looks just like any other XSTIM extension. Currently, you can use DSM16 for digital phones from Nortel Norstar/BCM, Nortel M1, Avaya and Panasonic. For a specific list of supported phones, you'd have to take a peek at the E-MetroTel web site.

In the XSTIM extension programming, did you set the correct phone type from the drop down list.......A1416 is what you need. Doing that should bring up the button programming at the bottom of the page where you can program whatever xstim features you want....just like any Nortel phone.

Feature key 🔑 is configured under Nortel/XSTIM settings under Feature Key 🔑 Mode 🙏 👏...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back