Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup 2 Network Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
I want to setup 2 Network card with ISA server. I dont know how to configuire the IP address and setup the DHCP server for which IP address.Here is the way I have set it up.

Router 192.168.1.1 NB5580W Netcomm Router

Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 192.168.1.2( First NIC)

Second NIC ( 10.0.0.2) connect from server to Workstation via cross over cable. I have setup the DHCP server with an IP address 10.0.0.2, but it doesnt work. With the obove setup. Internet and exchange is working but I am unable to connect to the net with the workstation because the DHCP is not allocating the IP address autometically. I am really not sure where did I screw up. Please help

Thanks

Why you need to have a second nic. Do you want to connect to internet by second Nic? And the First Nic for YOur LAN?

Not Really I want to know first IS it necessary to have 2 NIC or 1 Is enough.

The reason I am asking this is because I was trying to configuire server publishing rule on ISA 2000 Server & I clicked on Publishing---- Server Publishing Rule----- New ---Rule Immediately it asked me that I have single NIC etc etc as soon I installed the 2nd NIC I was able to Configuire server Publishing rule for Spamming Etc. But I am unable to setup the correct IP for both NIC card.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back