Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Settle a bet - Obama's desk set .... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedphone

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2010
US
for years there was an avaya set on the oval office desk... now there is a new device but i dont recognize it ... i say is a new avaya set - my tech says its a 3rd party ip set or a cisco....

so settle a bet - any one know this exact model?

doesnt look like any Avaya set i have seen.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

The metal stand looks like one i have seen before but cant remember if it was an avaya set on not

could it be an avaya isdn set ?

Raytheon IST-2

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

insanity is just a state of mind

So that phone is behind a Raytheon PBX ?

are you trying to hack into it or are you just a very curious individual?

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

yes - i am going to hack into it and use it to veto the healthcare bill!!!!

I live in Canada so I don't have that problem. We have healthcare for all, the same crappy healthcare for all the people that have not enough money to go to the US to get it faster and better or have good benefits from work to pay for medication you need.
Maybe we should tell Obama that good things take time to develop and can't be forced into existance.
You think he reads Tek-Tips? :p

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Back to the point - its a RAYTHEON PBX ?

The answer was provided by the link in LkEErie's earlier post.

Closeup of above telephone. The IST-2 (Integrated Services Telephone -2) is a 50-line-button desk/wall-mounted telephone instrument that serves as the user interface to Raytheon digital switching systems. It provides the user with a consolidated secure/non-secure communications device allowing access to all of the switch resources from a single instrument. This eliminates the need for the user to have to remember particular operational nuances of a communications device. The IST-2 telephone instrument connects to a switch via a twisted, shielded pair of wires and communicates digital voice and data. In addition to voice and data, the phone is able to activate functions of the switch, and the switch is able to control visual and audible functions on the phone.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

kwbMitel
that means you did some RTFM, I heard that this helps a lot. :)[ponder]

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Westi - What does Right This eF'ing Minute have to do with it?

long story, in joke. I know the usage you mean't [jester]

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

That looks like the Presidential Seal next to the display on the phone. Do all Raytheon phones come with that (said with tongue in cheek)?

What an advertising hook. The "Presidential" series phone system.

LkEErie
The competition could dig out an old picture of George W. and say that this was the phone he used :)
now that would be an advertising war in the making.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Hussien O. probably had a 'cousin' that he made a "czar of telephony" and changed the phone system there .....

Some folks say there may be a loose nut behind that dial pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back