Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting web page as home page

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamorruj

Technical User
Jun 16, 2004
US
Hi,
I'm running w2k pro and I'm trying to set a web site as my home page but when I go to the internet options menu and designate the website i want to be my home page it works fine when I'm still online but when I log off and then log back on later it goes back to its original home page. I've tried setting it several diffrent times but still getting the same results every time. Does anybody have any ideas to correct this problem?
Thanks!

Hiya Cham,
Did you hit APPLY when you changed the page?

Sometimes, when just getting started, Microsoft will give you a RunOnce type deal where it will go to their site ONCE, then if you hit the IE again it will default to your requested HOMEPAGE.

If you did the above, and still doesn't work, what site is it going back to as Default?

Pin

also make your that you delete all cookies and history from your browser before resetting your home page.

Lead, Follow of get the %&*#%$ out of the way !!

Thanks to all that responded to my problem I've tried everything except for running spywareblaster I'll try that.

Thanks again to all I'll post again later let you know how it turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back