Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting Virtual PC for win98 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishalmarya

Programmer
Aug 19, 2001

I have Installed Virtual PC . but don't know how to set it up. i have created the virtual machine ( for win 98 )using the wizard. it starts , but after a while , it says

" Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot media in selected boot device "

how to take it forward.

you need to intall Win 98 on to the virtual pc, insert you 98 cd and from the cd menu on the virutal pc client select your cd drive with the disc in.

Jon

thanks jdeane for the reply

I believe it requires a bootable cd ( win 98 ) . i have a win98 bootable cd , which does not have the win98 setup. the win98 setup is on my c drive.

so i inserted the bootable cd , the virtual pc boots and gives me a command prompt . but after that the keyboard does not respond at all. only cntrl+alt+delete works.

what wrong i am doing ?

you need to use a proper Win 98 install cd

You can also boot from a Win98 startup floppy, using the option to "see" the CD. After the boot, go to the CD drive and click on START.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back