Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Voicemail on LG eMG80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlp16

Systems Engineer
Apr 1, 2021
GB
Hello All

I was at a new clients yesterday after him saying that the phones aren't behaving properly?
when the system was setup in 2017 it was setup so that in day time if the phones where not answered after 5 rings it would go to system voicemail.
to retrieve voicemails the would press call bk enter the extension number and the password and it would play the messages.
after a while the client stated that they did not like the message someone else had put on the system and deleted it, they could not tell me how it was deleted but it did not work,
I got them to save a new message using Trans/PGM 06, 1, 101 recorded new message and saved it.
tried to call in and it will not go to voicemail.
I am not too familiar with the intricacies of eMG80 Voicemail so is there a cheat sheet that anyone has that will allow me to set this up please

any help would be appreciated.

Carl

carl the message you are recording is a system greeting normally recorded for ccr tables and auto attendents

can you get on to programming of the system via the web gui

if so . look up where the hunt group over flows to and what the voiceail hunt group is .

then just simply set a flex key with the voicemailbox/ extension

you can do this by simply pressing trans/pgm pressing the key then dialing the voicemail group followed by the extension number and password . then press save

this will make that key a voicemail key for that mail box . the customer can then simply press that button to get messages and record new greetings . just follow the prompts

Hope that helps

regards

Martin .

Hello Martin
Thanks for the reply

I have tried to get into the web gui but the password has been changed and no one knows what it is.

what are the default voicemail hunt groups?
can it be identified using the Trans/pgm *# on the system phone?

thanks in advance

Carl

if you have a serial cable, login to the system using serial using putty or hyperterminal or something, baud 115200, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control, press enter, password is jannie

type web id reset

This will clear all current usenrames/passwords and allow you to login with admin/1234

My first check would be which hunt group is set to voicemail status. So Station Group Data > Station Group Overview.

Once you know which is set to voicemail, you can dial this, it may ask for a passcode. Customer should know this, or go to PGM 227 and reset the pass code for the station in question.

I find a lot of techs will just setup voicemail to a primary station (normally reception) on these systems, rather than using the built in Virtual Extension functionality, and will also use the Voicemail greeting and multiple mailboxes over using CCR tables and a single mailbox ... hopefully the above gets you on your way to helping your customer.

there isnt a default group . it depends on who programms it .

your looking for the group whish is programmed as vsf vm etc.

so you can go to the groups under the keyset programming and just scroll through them till you find the one or just default teh password like above which would be the better long term option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back