Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up voicemail for hunt group

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMRIC

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2003
Hi people,

Basically, I have a director who wants several phones dotted around the office that are on a hunt group, so when he's working at different desks he can always be reached. I've set this up without problems.

He now wants to be able to have voicemail set up for the hunt group, so that when he puts the phone in his office on voicemail, anyone attempting to ring the hunt group through its DN or DDI goes to that voicemail box.

I'm not really sure how to do this and would appreciate it if anyone could help or point me in the direction of some documentation that would explain it.

We are using a BCM 400.

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Hunt groups will not follow call forwarding. You can add a mailbox that has the same number as the hunt group DN and set it up as you would any other mailbox. Overflow the hunt group to the VM DN. You will not have Message Waiting indication, but you can have it ring an extension anytime a message is left in it.

That makes sense - but is there any way he can then turn VM on when he's out of the office so the hunt group doesn't ring but just goes straight to VM?

No,but depending on how the hunt group is set up, putting DND on the phones will cause it to bypass them and go to the overflow. That may not be a good idea depending on the configuration of the hunt group.

Is there any way I could do it using night service? Not really sure how night service works, but I know we currently have it set up system wide. We turn it on on one set and all incoming calls go to voicemail. Is there a way of having one phone in this hunt group controlling night service for just that hunt group?

Night service will only affect a line, not an extension or a hunt group.

What you may want to try is setting up ANSWER DN's on the other phones instead of using the Hunt Group. When he forwards his phone to voicemail it won't ring, so neither will the phones that have the Answer DN on them.

Do the other phones have their own voicemails on them? If so then you want to make sure that their CFNA is set to a higher delay then the manager's phone. (i.e. set his to forward to vmail at 3 rings and everyone elses to 4 rings).

Debbie Schwab

Is this a DDI number set to a target line.

If so this is how you can do it

If you set the target line to the Managers phone. Then assign the target line to the hunt group as well.When the manager leaves his desk if he dials in feature 984 at his phone it will send the calls to voicemail. The hunt group might give a short ring you would need to check.

Marshall

How do I set up an ANSWER DN?

It depends on which system you have. The Answer DN settings are under Line Assignment. In this scenario you would put an answer DN of his extension on the other phones in the office. Make sure that his Forward No Answer is set to less than the other phones (i.e. his phone FNA to VM at 3 rings, all others FNA at 4 rings).

An answer DN will show up on the first button above the intercom keys on the phones that it is assigned to.

Debbie Schwab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back