Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfeco

Technical User
Mar 21, 2008
US
I am a first timer trying to setup voice mail (callpilot 100). I need to setup AA first. My question is, What guide is the best to do a step by step install?

There is a help tool on the main screen.

Adversity is Opportunity

Have you set up any other Norstar VM's? It's the same through the telephone interface. Otherwise, the installer manual is on the CD...

How far have you gotten?

Well, I have been busy doing my full time job so I haven't gotten far. I have been able to get into the call pilot 100 through the browser. I have read most of the setup manual but I was wondering what do I need to do to enable it in the CICS phone programming?

It might get to that point but for now I think I can handle it. I setup/installed the phone system and programmed the lines and stations. You guys have been great with all the info Thanks.

There is nothing to do in the CICS to enable the Call Pilot. Simply attach it to a digital port, preferrably the last 2. You'll need to CFNA all the DNs you built Vmails for to the Call Pilot DN (Ftr985) at 4 rings and voila, your done except for AA.

Adversity is Opportunity

Auto Attendant is set up by table. You'll need to record a greeting, let's say greeting 1. This will dictate how you program the rest, so I usually start there. If you can tell us what you're going to say there, we can give you some specifics in programming.

Are you planning on using the Auto Attendant to answer all calls, or as a backup to live answer?

Its a back up to live answer. Our secretary will be answering calls between 9-5 and AA after that also, when she is not there. We will have 3 voice mails and a general delivery. 2 will be service dept. and one for sales. Any help would be great.

Recordings-
Greeting1- Hi. You've reached us. Our office hours are...
CCR1 Path0- For Service, press 1, for sales press 2, to leave a general message, press 3.

Prog- AA/Lines- All to Table 1 at 4 or 6 rings
AA/Table 1- All greetings=1. CCR=1, Attendant=your receptionist.
CCR 1- Path 1=Transfer Int to your Service ext, Path 2=Transfer Int to your Sales ext, Path 3= either lv msg MB 100, or Transfer Int to your receptionist. (assign MB 100 to your receptionist)

Under F982, make sure Attendant Avail=Y, and Ans Lines=Y.

If you're familiar with the phone system programming, then set up a Service Mode with the VM DN, and program a button on the recept. set. (F871)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back