Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Vacant Number Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecorn

Programmer
Apr 25, 2014
CA
Hi,

I recently took over an old Option61, CS1K now as it's at release 6. It has 4 QSIG trunks to a CallManager and to date every DN in CallManager needs a DSC in the 61C in order to direct calls to it. Not administratively friendly at all! My last site had VNR set up which eliminated the need for DSCs (I didn't set up the VNR there).

Topology:
PSTN <---4 PRIs---> PBX <---4 QSIG---> CallManager

I set VNR up at this site and it doesn't appear to fully function. Calls from a PBX phone to a CallManager DN go to CallManager without a problem, I like that! It proves I have the correct RLI in the VNR programming. However, calls from the PSTN to the same DN end up hitting INT_DATA NBLK OVF OVF OVF ATN, and getting to the attendant. If I change it to NBLK OVF OVF OVF OVF the call gets a rapid busy. NBLK is a NARS/BARS blocked call so I don't know where to go from here.

Any ideas?

I think you might be in the right area of programming in INT_DATA. Have you looked at..

CVTN = Calls To Vacant Number

INT_DATA
ACCD OVF OVF OVF ATN
CTVN OVF OVF OVF ATN Change it to OVF
MBNR OVF OVF OVF ATN
CTRC OVF NAP OVF NAP
CLDN NAP OVF NAP NAP
NINV OVF OVF OVF ATN
NITR OVF OVF OVF ATN
NRES OVF OVF OVF ATN
NBLK BSY BSY BSY ATN
MVFO OVF OVF OVF ATN
MFVN OVF OVF OVF ATN
MFCG OVF OVF OVF ATN
LCKT BSY BSY BSY BSY
RCLE ATN OVF ATN ATN
CONG BSY
LLT OVF
DNDT BSY

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Yep, already set that:

TYPE INT_DATA
CUST 00
ACCD OVF OVF OVF OVF
CTVN OVF OVF OVF OVF
MBNR OVF OVF OVF OVF
CTRC OVF NAP OVF NAP
CLDN NAP OVF NAP NAP
NINV OVF OVF OVF OVF
NITR OVF OVF OVF ATN
NRES OVF OVF OVF ATN
NBLK OVF OVF OVF ATN
RCLE ATN OVF ATN ATN
CONG OVF
LLT OVF
DNDT BSY
ESAM OVF

Set up VNR under NET_DATA. Set VNR-YES and then your RLI to your Callmanager

TYPE NET_DATA
CUST 00
OPT RTA
AC1 INTL NPA SPN NXX LOC
AC2
FNP YES
ISDN YES
VPNI 0
PNI 1
PINX_DN 7830
MBG 0
BSGC 65535
PFX1
PFX2
HLOC
LSC
RCNT 5
PSTN NO
TNDM 15
PCMC 15
SATD 1
OCLI NO
DITI YES
TRNX YES
EXTT YES
FTOP FRES
[highlight #FCE94F]VNR YES
RLI 12
CDPL 4[/highlight]
UDPL 10
NIT 8
NAS_ATCL YES
NAS_ACTV NO
FOPT 0
CNTC
NATC
INTC

^That was the first thing I did. Calls from a PBX phone to a CallManager DN go to CallManager without a problem, I like that! It proves I have the correct RLI in the VNR programming. However, calls from the PSTN to the same DN end up hitting INT_DATA NBLK OVF OVF OVF ATN, and getting to the attendant

Not sure if this applies but there is a setting DITI in load 15 for DID to tie connections to be allowed. Default is no.

Bullseye, that was the missing link! Thanks a million sandycd!!!

Now I'm gonna be greedy and see if there is a way to reduce/eliminate the ~3 second delay when a vacant number is called before it gets routed. Any ideas on that one?

You can set the length of the VNR expected digit lengths using the following subprompts under the VNR prompt:
FLEN 1-(16): Flexible length of digits expected
CDPL 1-(10): Flexible length of VNR CDP
UDPL 1-(19): Flexible length of VNE UDP

I would try changing the FLEN and CDPL values first.

I didn't see a FLEN, but I changed the other 2 to be 4 digits and we're gold, works perfect! Thanks allenmac! Case closed :)

VNR yes
RLI 6
CDPL 4
UDPL 4
NIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back