Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting up the programable line keys on the M3904

Status
Not open for further replies.

debop76

Technical User
Jun 28, 2018
NO
Hey...

we have just upgraded to the M3904, can anyone assist in helping me set up the 6 programable keys? i can see how to change the name but that doesnt seem to input any actual function?

the manual that came with the phone is basic as hell.

Arrrhhh, i thought it would be something like this.

how easy is that? i am on a passnger vessel and they guy who takes care of that sort of thing is not the best......

only the other day i asked him to detect which stations have external VOIP access and he wasnt sure how to find this out. i am assuming we need to connect up to the system with a laptop? is there any special programme needed on the laptop?

So what type of phone was there before you plugged in the 3904? If you have not done any programming before you will be completely lost doing this. These machines have a language all their own. But yes, you will need a laptop running some kind of Communication Software and the laptop will need a serial port with a cable 9 pin to 25 pin.

it was the M3902 i believe. not looking promising at all then........ maybe have to wait until we have a comms engineer attend the vessel and ask them to look into it.

thanks for the heads up, much appreciated :)

If the line is programmed for a 3902 it only has a few keys programmed since that's all the 3902 has. If you want to use all the buttons on the 3904 you will need to access the PBX and tell it the set is a 3904 and then you can program the extra keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back