Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up ssl site-wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

spelltwister

Programmer
May 12, 2005
US
Hey everyone,

I'm having some problems setting up Secure Sockets on my windows 2000 server box. I followed all the steps from however, the ssl lock icon only appears on the first page of my site. Is there a way to make all pages have the lock?

Thanks,

Mike

Online multiplayer strategy games huh? Try, 1483online.com where the games are FREE and the community drives enhancements to the game. ;-D

I think I figured out why the lock isn't showing. It says there is secure and insecure data on the page, but i'm not sure how to figure out what's insecure. I put require ssl on the entire directory and even rechecked each folder to make sure that they require it as well (and they all do). Any help on figuring out how to make the insecure data secure is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

Online multiplayer strategy games huh? Try, 1483online.com where the games are FREE and the community drives enhancements to the game. ;-D

Yeah, I know it's easy to make that mistake ;-D, but I am linking to https:// . However, I know that I'm bringing in unsecure data. I do not know, however, how to figure out what that data is! lol.

Yes, there are IFRAMES. There are a lot of them too, so that's probably where the insecure stuff is coming from; do you know of a way to narrow it down??

Thanks,

Mike

If the source on the iframe is from an HTTP, that is an unsecure item. If you have no source on a iframe (which I have on occasion), put a dummy page that is just blank at least with <html> tags, and make the source point to that page.

Basically, you need to make sure your iframes contain ssl protected pages as well.

[monkey][snake] <.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back