Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up SQL Server datasource

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwyork

Programmer
Oct 23, 2004
US
I have CF 7 with SQL SERVER 7, and it gives me this message everytime I try to setup the datasource.

Connection verification failed for data source: ssa
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'administrator'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'administrator'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

I've tried every login I know, I'm using windows authentication on my database so it should just use my windows account login info. I've google it but none of the suggested solutions work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

Your cf server has a "windows user" account. you have to register it in sqlserver. ours runs as "webadmin" for example...

Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.

Also, make sure in SQL Server that the account you're using has permissions to access the database.

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies, LLC

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

Someone I work with told me to use odbc as the type in cf Administrator. So now I'm trying this but I can't start my cf odbc server. Does anybody know how to start this service?

Thanks,
Nick

This isn't really a ColdFusion connection issue, and trying to connect via ODBC instead of the native drivers isn't going to matter. Look at your error message:
...Login failed for user 'administrator'...
It's pretty obvious that this is a login issue, and both of the above posts tell you how to fix the problem.

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies, LLC

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

It probably is a connection problem. I've tried multiple sql server logins, different dsns, mixed and windows auth, but I get the same message that the login is not associated with a trusted sql server connection.

I appreciate the input, I might be just missing something little not sure. I've tried many ways though.

no, it's connecting just fine. if it wasn't connecting you wouldn't get a validation error, you would get a "cannot connect to datasource" error.

I can garontee mine and ecar's posts are dead on. you have to give 'administrator' access to your database. this has to be done inside sql server.

if you really want to connect with an odbc socket go ahead but i garontee you're going to get the EXACT same error.

set up a system dsn on the sql server and use cf administrator to point to the dsn by selecting "odbc socket" provide the necessary info. happy erroring to you.

Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers.

the login is not associated with a trusted sql server connection.

Bingo.

The CF service is attempting to connect to SQL on your behalf. As such, it needs to run under an account that is granted access to SQL. LOCALSYSTEM can't do that.

Alternatively, try using a trusted domain account in the ODBC login account in CFADMIN. Send it fully qualified (DOMAIN\user or user@ADdomain.realm) and see what happens.

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Programmer/Analyst
IIMAK
-----------
I'm not as think as you confused I am.
-----------
Flabbergasted (a.): Amazed at how much weight one has gained.
-----------
Oyster (n.): One who sprinkles their conversation with Yiddish expressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back