Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up small DSLAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOriface

Vendor
Oct 20, 2007
AU
We're setting up a ZyXEL IES-612-51 DSLAM (little 12 port model) and are having difficulty getting the ADSL modems to get past the Initialise LCP stage.

I've made sure the VCI/VPI settings are the same on the DSLAM and modem, and cannot figure out what's stopping the LCP coming up.

Any help greatly appreciated.

LCP is part of the PPP process, are you using PPPoSomething or is this a bridged device?

We're using PPPoE. Currently have the ADSL Modem connected directly to the tail off the DSLAM.

Do you see any errors/messages on your PPPoE concentrator? If it's a Cisco can you paste the relevant sections?

I'm not running a PPPoE Concentrator (that I know of!!). The ADSL modem is connected directly to the ZyXEL DSLAM.

The syslog on the modem just shows Initialize LCP. Not sure if there's a log on the ZyXEL that's going to help or not.

You need to either use bridged mode on the modems or have a device to terminate PPPoE. I'm not familiar with that DSLAM to know if it can do the termination itself but that would be very unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back