Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up non-ISDN T1 on MG450 to connect with external PBX 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi777

Technical User
Jul 22, 2014
US
Hi folks,
I need some help with some steps to setup a non-ISDN T1 trunk on my Avaya Aura CM using MG450.
The trunk is to connect to a customer PBX to allow a channelized trunk to pass 3khz voice lines to use my switch as a gateway to place external calls.
I tried setting up a ISDN PRI, but it wasn't working and they insist that their end is straight T1 (non-ISDN). Thank you.

Thank you kyle555
The other end tells me they are set for channelized ESF B8ZS T1 using only 5 channels. They are utilizing CAS with Immediate start and are set for DIOD on all channel.
I'm finding that when i add ds1 the CAS setting will not allow 1.544, but only allow 2.048. My Avaya will not allow B8ZS when using CAS, but have to set to hdb3 AMI.

press f5 in those field to see what the available options are

AFAIK you can setup a T1 however you like.

Thanks. Does give you various options, just not what I was looking for to connect with the other end. I'm thinking I'm better off opening ticket with Avaya Support to see what they say.

They are likely looking for "robbed-bit" esf/b8zs on the ds1 form and "tie" on the trunk group. You might need a crossover T1 cable as well depending on the equipment connection.

-CL

Thank you lopes1211. Do I need to change anything on the Mode and Type for each channel used?

Mode options are e&m, protected, and simplex; Type options are t1-comp, t1-stan, t5-rev, and type-5.

I ask, because the far end indicates they have DIOD on all channels (Dial in and out). The only place where I see that option is in the trunk form.
They have a non-Avaya switch, rather old. Thank you again.

I would suggest leaving them blank. If no go, the most common options would be t1-stand and E&M.

-CL

Awesome. That's what I did; leave em blank. Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back