Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Night Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

beybros

Technical User
Sep 14, 2004
US
We have two businesses on one system and using one operator for both. We want to setup two separate night services.

We are using MICS and a NAM.

Thanks

use an automated attendant. have each business lines answered with a seperate greeting.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

That's what I do instead of Night Service (in most situations). With Night Service, someone has to remember to turn it on and off. I set the A/A to answer in 4 rings. That way gives the receptionist enough time to answer the phone and, (s)he doesn't have to run for the phone or worry about lost calls if away from their desk. Also, you don't have to remember to turn it on at night.

Have the A/A answer Table 1 for Company "A" and Table 2 for Company "B".

Thank you guys for the information, but Company A has used a night service for the past 10 years. They would prefer to keep using this feature. So, I need to know how to add a second night service with out interfering with the first one. HELP!!!!!

I don't think it can be done. The night service feature is system wide as far as I know.

You can set up company A (and their associated lines ) to one ring group and ringing service (eg Manual-company A) and company B to a second ring group and ringing service (eg Evening-company B).

Just remember to set up a third ring group (with no ext's assigned to it) to ring on the other company's lines so that when company A activates it's night ring group, company B is not affected and vice versa when company B activates it's ring group, company A isn't affected.

Don't forget under 'common settings' to set the control sets correctly so that the main set of company A controls only it's ring group, and the main set for company B controls only it's ring mode.

I hate conceited people that think they are a good as me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back