Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up MSMQ on NT server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHumphrey

Programmer
Apr 25, 2001
BB
I am tring to install MSMQ on NT server, I know i need the following SQL. The docs say SQL 6.5 with the service pack x , but will it work with SQL 7 ?

I get a problem : it says it needs to shut down the MTS stuff and SQL , it then says it cannot start a process ..\isql.exe ".." , when i check there is no isql.exe , our plan now is to install SQL 6.5 with the service packs, install the msmq server stuff and then upgrade the sql to sql 7. Do this make sense.

Matthew

When we did this we installed MSMQ on a machine that didn't have SQL server installed. This results in a cut down version of SQL server 6.5 being installed from the Option Pack along with MSMQ (assuming of course you select a configuration option that requires a data base - namely PEC/PSC/BSC).

Following the MSMQ install we then installed SQL Server 7 which detects the installed version of 6.5 and asks if you want to upgrade it, which you do.

Finally we installed NT SP6a over the top.

Hope this helps. Chris Buckley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back