Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Up MS Office w/o an MS account

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerFire

Technical User
Mar 31, 2016
US
My company has recently purchased a new pc with windows 8 to be used as a workstation. We would like to setup outlook and office on it but not have to setup an MS account to do so,can this be done and can someone point me in to some instructions on how to do so.

Thanks

What Office version? Is it a subscription edition (e.g. office 365) or an outright purchase edition (e.g. office 2010, 2013, 2016 without 365)?

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

I fell foul of this. I bought a retail copy of Office 2016, which only gets you a download link and a product key, over-packaged in a big box. In order to use the download link you need a Microsoft account. I created a new account (if I recall the appropriate links are all on the download site), which I hope I'll never need to use again, but have kept a note of it with the box, just in case. It's hard to see who gains from this process.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back