Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Full Duplex on Quad Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

csunix

Programmer
Mar 23, 2004
GB
Hi
We have a machine that has a quad card and one port is currently set a 100M Half Duplex. We want this to be 100M Full Duplex. When I run certain commands we just get problems
ie ndd -set /dev/bge0 adv_100fdx_cap 1
'couldn't push module 'bge0', no such device or address'.

Anyone know how I can set this to 100M Full Duplex.

Cheers, CS

The ndd -set and ndd -get commands use the named driver as a parameter (eg /dev/bge) not the interface name preceded with /dev (eg /dev/bge0). Otherwise you are on the right track. There have been various examples of how to do what you are trying to do in threads in this forum. Please try a search for ndd here.

I hope that helps.

Mike

You can also set it in /etc/system to take effect at boot-time, however it will apply to all cards of that type in the system.

Something along the lines of:
Code:
set bge:bge_adv_100fdx_cap=1

Annihilannic.

The bge interfaces are set using a specific driver configuration file called bge.conf.
Here is the path /platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/bge.conf
Good Luck

if zou want to set the interface speed on a specific interface eg ge3 zou will need a script like this:

Code:
#!/bin/csh -x
echo setting ge3 to fdx
ndd -set /dev/ge [b]instance 3[/b]
ndd -set /dev/ge adv_1000autoneg_cap 0
ndd -set /dev/ge adv_1000hdx_cap 0
ndd -set /dev/ge adv_1000fdx_cap 1

save this script in /etc/init.d and link it to /etc/rc3.d/S70fdx (or something like that)

Best Regards, Franz
--
Solaris System Manager from Munich, Germany
I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years in the domain of the OS, Backup and Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back