Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up DSA to connect to Intuity Audix LX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiacmindwarp6

Technical User
Oct 12, 2007
US
I'm trying to setup DSA to connect to Intuity Audix via modem, but when it opens I'm unable to type anything. tried diffrent emulators (4410,4425,513, and 615.. Any help would be appreciated,.. thanks

I KNOW that I can help you with this one, but I just need a speck of clarification. Is DSA an abbreviation for Direct System Access...or what? It seems like you want to use an external modem to admin an Intuity, which I do all the time.

Tim Alberstein

DSA is definity site admin. i believe it came out before ASA, whe i connect using 513, or 615 emulation, i see the f-keys, but it displays "SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.1p1", and it won't let me enter the login. sa or any text .

And are you getting the same "SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.1p1" when requesting 4410 emulation? I know you said you tried it, but of all the emulations you can choose for a dumb terminal, 4410 has a more...mmmmm...open sort of way that the F-Key information gets downloaded.

I'm a huge fan of Procomm, but I'm part of a dying breed. Depending on your response about 4410, I may have to call a buddy that works with DSA on a regular basis before I can report back to you.

Tim Alberstein

Yes i'm getting the same SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.1p1 on all the emulators, it's just the 615, and 513 i get the f-keys.. thanks for any help

One more question, bro. Are you getting that funky prompt with a > at the end? If so, type "dsat" without the quotes and see what happens. I'm not totally convinced that you're attached to the Intuity at this point.

Tim Alberstein

To access an LX from a dialup, you must use an internet dial-up access, like the old internet days with a 56k modem, and access the LX with a browser like IE or the default Netscape. That is why you are getting that response. And, you must use the craftppp or sappp access login, and that access MUST be allowed/enabled on the LX. I would suggest you consult the documentation, or talk to your business partner regarding this. It is a royal pain. You must set the IP address on the browser to the IP assigned to the LX to open the shell, once you get access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back