Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Domino/Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tektips78

Technical User
May 1, 2005
GB
I have installed Domino 6 on a Windows 2k Server.

I am a newbie to Lotus Domino/Notes so what do i need to do for the first part of the Server Setup for use with my isp surfanytime.net?

I would also like to setup Domino to collect my isp's mail so I can access it with the Notes client and then send
e-mail throught to the domino server and then to the ISP.

My isp's server addresses are smtp.surfanytime.net
and pop.surfanytime.net

How do i set this up in Domino?

Can someone give me a hand or point me in the right direction.

Are you wanting to set up the actual Domino Server or just the client. because I could send you a set up document that I have made for my company if you are just setting up the Client, Designer, or Administrator software. But I have no idea myself how to set up a server.

-Panel Maker

Hi Domino78
As I undarstood well, you have configured the first Domino Server in your organization?
Do you have to use the POP3 protocol to provide access to the mails for your users? As you mentioned, you are going to access emails using Lotus Notes application - so using NRPC protocol, not the POP3.
I do not understand - is the server with the current mail domain in you organization, or you are buying it from the thirdy part?
If this is your server, you must configure Domino server for this domain address. If you don't use any rely server - this Domino server is sending e-mails directly to the internet, you will have to take care about you MX record. Then you would be able to switch the current server off and start using Domino Server. Of course, the configuration of the Domino server requaries some backround. I think that you need to read more about configuration of Domino server - there are great IBM's Redbooks covering this subject

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back