Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Departments

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuser2011

Technical User
May 2, 2011
US
This is the first time trying to program the Norstar CICS 7.1 system, I have no experience other then what I have read on line and from the Installers and coordinators manuals, the system belongs to my brother-in-law, so the question is I have to set up 2 different businesses on 1 system , thought of making it look like 2 different departments there are 3 numbers on the first business and 2 for the second , need to separate the calls so they do not ring in on or call out on each others lines, I have tried to make the lines private to the main extensions, pool A and B , I have them calling out on the right lines but the incoming is giving me fits, extension 21 has line 4202,4405 and 5959 extension 33 has 8965 and 8909, and 21 has 5 extensions and 33 has 2 any help will be greatly appreciated .

If it was me just adjust. Make line associated with company A pool A // make ext 21 the prime set and allow all ext's with that group pool access Pool A "Yes" Pool B "NO" (Best practise as well is to put the ext's in two in 2 different pickup groups Pickup Group1 for company A and 2 for company B. Up to you whether you want to have them ring and apprear for each ext or just have prime line Pool group for each company associated. Obviouly Ext 33 and associatd sets just the opposite.
Enjoy

Thanks I will try that tomorrow and again thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back