Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up an email Server???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNeeds

Programmer
Mar 24, 2004
US
I'm need information on how to setup an email server with 75 emails address and server will host own website...Are there any good links that I can study and learn how to setup the emails and web hosting??? Thanks for any info.

e-mail hosting & web hosting are 2 completely different things. They can often be run on the same machine, but they will be two different server softwares and generally shouldn't be referred to as the same server or even being related to one another.

This is some good reading to start with for setting up a webserver, but I can't think of a similar site for a mail server at the moment.

For your email server you should check out Microsoft Exchange or if you are more into the cheaper end of it, you can go with something called PegasusMail and MercuryTransport as the server. You can check them out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back