Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a Static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

goneriding

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US
Hello everyone! My ISP provider has provided me with a Static IP (and all its settings). We presently connect to the internet using the following method:

Dsl - Speedstream 5200
Wireless Router - BEFW11S4
Switch - DLink DSS-16+ which connects the computers to access the internet.

How do I go about setting up the Static IP so that we can access it from an external location?

I hope this all makes sense

What port or prgram are you tryin to access from the internet? IS the static ip set and working and on which device is it set the speedstream or BEFW11S4?

What you need to do is open the port that you want to connect to. If the ip is set on the speedstream you can forward the port you want to the BEFW11S4 then forward it on the BEFW11S4 to whatever machine you want to connect to. The second option is to put your speed stream into brindge mode. then set the Ip address on the BEFW11S4 and just forward the port to the machine you want to connect to.

The static IP is on the WAN (Internet) side of the router. Assuming as suggested above by "dloz" that the modem is in Bridge Mode, configure the BEFW11S4 to use a Static IP on the first page seen from its Web-based setup page.

Nothing else needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back