Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a Scheduled Taks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extras

Technical User
Nov 16, 2001
US
I am using Coldfusion MX, and want to set up a scheduled task through the Administrator.

I have a question with regards to entering a value...

In Recurring Monthly box what values do I enter to run it at 1 AM on the first day of every month?

I have selected the radio button for Recurring
I have selected Monthly in the option box
But I have no idea how to enter the "1 Am on the first day" value into the text box after the "at"

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

In the Administrator, set the Start Date for "Jan 1, 2004", then select Recurring, and Monthly (like you've already done), and put "1:00 AM" in the "At" box.

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

"Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Thanks Ecobb

I do have a quick question...

If I set the date to Jan 15, will CF then run the code on the 15th of every month?

Yep, whatever you set the Start Date to, it will execute monthly on that date at whatever time you specify in the "At" box.

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

"Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Appreciate the clarification.

Will do a test for nearby date and then change it to the first of the month shortly thereafter.

Thanks!!

Hi
Extras what was the results?
can someone please explain where is the administrator and where do you enter the schedule time?
My first time learning CF
Thank You
CGJ

Looking For A Camera?

The CF Administrator is installed on the server with ColdFusion. If you're running a Windows server, you can find it in your "Programs" listings in your "Start Menu" (Most likely in a directory called "Macromedia"). You can also access it through your browser (on the server) at:
OR, if you know the IP address of your CF Server, you can use this to access it without having to be on the server(just replace serverIPaddress with your IP).
The password is set up at the time of CF installation, so if you didn't install it you will need to check with whoever did.

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back