Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a hyperlink to a Visio template 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

essentis

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2004
US
Hello

I've created a .vst template (using Visio 2003), and want to be able to open it via a hyperlink on a web page on my Intranet.

I've managed to set up a hyperlink, but when it's clicked, the template loads up as a page within Internet Explorer, without any of the Visio menu/toolbars.

Is there a way of setting the hyperlink so that Visio itself opens with the template loaded?

Many thanks

Clive Johnson

Do all your clients have a full version of Visio?

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

for steam enthusiasts

Hi

Not at the moment, but the intention is that they will have.

At present I'm experimenting to see what is possible.

Many thanks

If they don't have a copy of Visio, then they won't get full Visio functionality

for steam enthusiasts

Thanks - however.....

I have a full copy of Visio 2003. When I click on a hyperlink on a local web page to a .vst Visio template, the template opens within the Internet Explorer window, without the Visio toolbars/menus.

At this stage all I need to know is if it's possible to do what I want. Can I create a hyperlink on a web page that will open Visio with a Visio template loaded up, rather than within Explorer?

Thanks

There seems to be the usual sort of anomaly between browsers. If you use IE (the MS product) with Visio (the other MS product) then the browser tries to open the file internally in IE, which of course won't function as Visio. If you use something like Mozilla or FireFox (non MS, but mainly complying to full standards) the browser will then open the file in it's own application, as long as that app is installed on the user's computer

for steam enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back