Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a Dos Citrix Client ( NOOB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekkid

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
US
Hey folks!

Boy, am I in a pickle! I have just been handed to me a project to create and test a Dos citrix client machine. My company is currently considering putting this in all its locations. I'm pretty up to speed on windows apps but Dos is a weakness of mine.

I have a machine with Dos 6.22 on it. I have no idea where to start to get a Citrix client on it and on the network.

I know that to get this to work you must have

Dos Machine

TCP/IP stack ( I have no clue )

Citrix dos client

I'm looking for maybe a step-by-step guide to this, As I said this is a learning experience for me and I'm very excited about doing it. But I'm really in the dark about all this.

Please help if you can, THANKS IN ADVANCE

tekkid
dglidewe@bellsouth.net

You can get the latest DOS client from the Citrix site.

For a TCP/IP stack, I found MS Lanman 2.2c at ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/BusSys/Clients/lanman

There are four files to download and extract. You will also need the DOS drivers for your network card if it's not listed.

Install the MS Lanman stuff first. I think you run setup from disk1 after you've extracted it. The DOS ICA client is relatively easy, run install after you've extracted the contents from the downloaded client file. Most of it involves following the prompts and putting the right network settings in.

You might want to follow the other DOS client thread as well, where you can see I'm having big problems getting it to work, although with help from this forum, I'm getting much nearer.

I'm also getting further with the 16-bit ICA Client rather than the 32-bit one, but I think that's down to my TCP/IP environment not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back