Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a Cisco 8831 System version: 9.1.2.11900-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateRD25

MIS
Sep 17, 2007
US
I am having issues getting a Cisco 8831 setup. I have the "Cisco" display on the phone without any buttons. There should be an "app" button it doesn't get that far. There has to be something with a config file maybe? The phone auto-registers, but nothing happens on the display. I also see this in the web interface.

[10:37:22a, 09/28/15] CTL update failed
[10:37:23a, 09/28/15] SEPAC44F2141C1F.cnf.xml.sgn(HTTP)

Did you load the device pack for the 88XX series? CUCM 9.1.2 doesn't have those firmware loads by default. The 88XX's are fairly new.

Yea I saw that. I downloaded the device pack. Any steps on how to install the device pack?

Do you have a maintenance window? Cause you need to restart your CUCM cluster once you've installed the device pack.

I can get a maintenance window. Do you have instruction on how to install the device pack?

Just curious if you got this 8831 working. I have the same issue with one of my 8831's where the display control unit only displays "Cisco"
The crazy thing is I have a couple other 8831's working at other sites registering back to the same CCM cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back