Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a booklet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdCoastPIO

Technical User
Jul 7, 2000
US
I have a newsletter in Pagemaker that is 8 pages. I have converted it to a tabloid, but can't figure out how to get the middle gutter to be double since the facing pages need the same gutter on both sides of the page.<br><br>Plus I am getting an error message when trying the plug-in to convert 8 pages to a booklet.<br><br>Any ideas?&nbsp;&nbsp;Do you even understand my questions?&nbsp;&nbsp;:)

I think you will find that your margin settings will take care of things automatically.&nbsp;&nbsp;The Double-sided Option, you will note, changes Left and Right to Inside and Outside.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is important that before going to Utilities, Plug-ins, Build booklet that everything be set up as you want it, then Build booklet will put your pages in order.&nbsp;&nbsp;It works beautifully but you can't make major changes in Build booklet.&nbsp;&nbsp;Holler if I can confuse you further.

Jeep, thanks for the help.&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes, I noticed the Inside and Outside on the margins (which I have set at .375).&nbsp;&nbsp;Under Build Booklet, do I need to have a number under &quot;Gutter?&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;I left that blank and tried again and I am getting &quot;Error 7214,&quot; whatever that is.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any new ideas??

ThirdCoastPIO, did you ever figure out the error 7214 problem? I am having the same issue. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back