Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting up 5-digit dial plan to stores which are on CCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridianman5

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2005
US
Can anyone give me a good clean scenario/process for setting this up? I have 3- Opt-81c's with CCM and Unity to all remote stores/offices. I need to implement 5-digit dialing plan and need some assistance. Can anyone be of assistance? Thanks.

Yikes...I don't envy you on this one. There is a lot to take into consideration and probably a lot of changes to make in the numbering scheme...You can use a number like 7 or 8 as another access code to go over to the Cisco, but that means clearing out all the extensions that begin with 7 or 8. Some other things to take into consideration: Are the 81's networked together? How do they Cisco now? Does the CCM have outcalling on its own or use the 81 trunking?

not a bad job, wish i could handle that one. when i have done this on a smaller scale, i did each switch independant of the other then used my cdp and idc's to complete the routing.. the cisco side is simple. on the nortel side, i would split the cores, put the active in maint, faceplate disu the cni's on the standby, freeze all changes on the active and run scripts to change all the dn's acod acds dcn's and on and on and on

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

damn John, I think you gave me a migraine! Can you email me offlist to get more granular? I am totally so underpaid at this point....

they stopped paying me years ago, i just work for stars now, they are a lot more fun.. sometimes it is hard to remember that we do get paid to do this.. we can't exchange emails, but your about to have a lot of fun..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

ok thanks, Ill let you know how its going, or err not going.

so iguess you have overlapping dial plans somewhere between the nortels and ciscos?

if so you can prob create office/store codes instead of 5 digit dialing ie: 216XXXX (216 = store A) etc

if there's no overlapping it should be fairly easy, yet still a bit tedious...just adding DSC's and RDB's pointing to trunks to the Cisco CM (MGCP PRI trunks work well between the Options 11-81 and the Cisco gateways)

going from 4 to 5 is a good time to blow away conflicts, i am looking at the same thing on a smaller scale, about 12,000 sets, 4k being on an avaya 400 being on cisco.. i plan to make the avaya campus first digit 6 and this campus 1st digit 4.. the cisco's are ext off of the nortel so that's a simple change.. in the cisco i can reroute 1st to each campus and old conflicts will go away.. they have never been fully merged since the merger 10 years ago..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I am listening to you all, and I would like to go the easiest route possible as for the Nortels will be going away within an 18 month period. I have 04xx exts in WV I have 2xxx and 1xxx did exts in HQ and 7xxx did exts in corporate. The remote offices are on going to be on Cisco IP
and are now being programmed off of the HQ switch ext plan as 79xx. Does this info update shed any light on figuring a least painful 5 digit implementation? Thanks guys/gals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back