Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting the default printer - settings in citrix!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jny04

Technical User
Oct 6, 2004
GB
does anyone know how to do this for metaframe xp ???

users are complaining that there default printers are not working....

please help!?!?

ps what is the ICA listener?

The ICA listener is kinda like a daemon that sits wating to hear ICA client requests. Once the cleint makes a connection a new ICA listener gets spawned.

I am assuming that they are complaining that settings are not being retained ?

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

yes they are not being retained, is there a how to ...to set them up for default printer...or do u just do this..
when in a session, and select this as default printer liek u would do with a standard windows pc.

If it is not a default printer then settings will be hard to keep.

I publish print manager that sometimes helps.

Cheers
Scott

im confused!?!
print manager? is this a metaframe app?
I have always used a print server as the main point for printers - and they replicate/filter to the metaframe servers!?! or at least i thought..... I cant see anything on the web for setting default printers in metaframe xp

No it is not a metaframe app. It is just bog standard Print Manager, you know the app that displays all your printers like on a desktop.

Search Citrix Knowledge base for publishing Print Manager there are instructions there.

And here they are here.

From CTX884335 - How to Publish Print Manager on a Windows NT-2000.htm

Follow the instructions below to publish Print Manager on a Windows Terminal Server 4.0 or Windows 2000 running MetaFrame 1.8/XP.

Create the following folder:

C:\Printers.{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}

Note: This folder MUST be created in the root of one of the MetaFrame server drives. When you press Enter, the folder icon changes to a printer icon.

Create a published application with the following properties:

Command line: "Path of IEXplore.exe" C:\Printers.{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}

Working directory: The path where IExplore.exe is located.

Note: You may get path error and fail to access published printers folder. If so modify the command line to include %* for example.

Command line: "Path of IEXplore.exe" %*C:\Printers.{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}

Now when users access this published application, they can create and manage their printers without a desktop session.

Important: These folders must be created in the root of one of your MetaFrame 1.8/XP server drives.

By default, the published application will use Internet Explorer’s icon. To use the Printers icon, follow below instructions:

a. From the Citrix Management Console (XP) or Published Application Manager (1.8), right click on the published applications and choose Properties.

b. Click on the Program Neighborhood Settings tab.

c. Click on Change Icon.

d. Browse for the Shell32.dll in %SystemRoot%\Winnt\system32\shell32.dll and

click Ok on the Browse Dialog.

e. Choose the Printer Folder icon and save the application.

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back