Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting specific printer in design of reports - Is there a quicker way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axworthy

Programmer
Aug 21, 2003
CA
Here is my problem. The client want these 3 reports to default to this printer, these 12 reports to go to that printer and these 4 label reports to go to the label printer. Sooner or later they get some new printers and want them all defaulting to other printers.

To do that, I have to go into the design of each report, page setup, page tab, specific printer, pick the printer, save and go on to the next report. Is there a utility out there that I can use that will list my reports in the database, allow setting the printer for each and then have it change the design of the report for me? I am just looking for a way to save me some time and a whole bunch of mouse clicks.

I'm not at my regular computer today, but I think you can change the printer settings with vba. Perhaps you could create a table with the report name and printer that way if in the future the user wants to change the printer for a particular report or set of reports they only have to change the printer name in the table and then the vba code would choose the printer accordingly.

Laurie,

I develop in Access 2003 mostly. Clients use 2007, 2010 and the one that I most want to do this on uses 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back