Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting record source for a page in tab control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theseekers

Technical User
Jul 22, 2004
US
Hi there Tekers,

I have an form that contains 7 tabs. I have set this form based on a table. However, now I need to add another tab or page on this form but the record source is from a different table. I have been looking on the kb thread in the forum but yet to find once instance relevant to mine.

Is there a way that I can assign a different record source for one of the tab (page) within a form.

I did think about creating a query and joint these 2 tables together, but this will be one huge and complex one; thus, I am holding off this thought and ask all the guru here first.

Your input is certainly appreciated...

TIA

Mean while theseekers is still out seeking.

Could you insert a sub-form into the page and assign the recordsource to the subform? Or will this complicate the issue further?

Grant

Hi there,

Yes, this will definitely complicate the issue further since the form itself already has a subform. Just did not want to do nested subform on this one.

Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back