Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Priority for Splits (non-EAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerTho

Technical User
Oct 13, 2003
US
We have a call center which does not have EAS. The calls are routed to splits. Is there a way to have splits set up with priority levels (i.e. high, med, low). What we are trying to accomplish is calls with a higher priority to route to agents before a lower preference.

Just to clarify. We have one split (i.e split 1) and two vectors with split 1. I want to be able to have the 1st vector with a higher preference than the second. So if a call comes in at the same time the 1st vector will be answered. Is this possible?

In greeting, for widgets press 1
go to vector 1
01 queue-to split x pri h
02 ...
03 ...
for gadgets press 2
go to vector 2
01 queue-to split x pri m
02 ...
03 ...

The advice above is correct, however you should raise the lower priority calls up in priority after a certain time, possibly after the second announcement. If you don't, the lower priority call could be bumped down the queue forever & never get answered. Example

Vector 1:

1 wait time 0 secs hearing ringback
2 Q to split 1 pri m
3 announcement XXXX
4 wait time 20 secs hearing music
5 announcement YYYY
6 goto step 4 if unconditionally

Vector 2

1 wait time 0 secs hearing ringback
2 Q to split 1 pri l
3 announcement XXXX
4 wait time 20 seconds hearing music
5 announcement yyyy
6 Q to split 1 pri m
7 wait time 20 secs hearing ringback
8 announcement YYYY
9 goto set 7 if unconditioanlly

Paul Beddows

Avaya Consulting, Implementation, One on One EAS & Definity Training for PBX Administrators.

Vancouver, Canada
E-mail avaya@vancouver.hm

Sorry abotu my spelling above, step 9 should read "goto step 7 if unconditionally"

Paul Beddows

Avaya Consulting, Implementation, One on One EAS & Definity Training for PBX Administrators.

Vancouver, Canada
E-mail avaya@vancouver.hm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back