Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Option 95 in DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

imraptor

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2003
US
How can I add/configure option 95 in W2k3 DHCP options? I need to set the path to a LDAP server, and would like to do this for a particular scope, but a global option would work. I can't find any setting where I can enable this option, and I know other DHCP servers have this available (Unix, OSX, etc).

Thanks

Dave

The clients that will be using it will be Apple clients communicating with an OpenDirectory Server, and option95 specifies the path to the server.

Will the additional option conflict/harm other machines wanting just an IP address and typical DHCP option settings?

The TID that xmsre doesn't apply to 2003 server. I tried the suggestions, but 2003 handles "netsh" differently?

Is there a way to add additional options to microsoft's DHCP server?

In the DHCP manager snapin, right click on the dhcp server and select "Set Predefined Options...". You can add it there, but you'll need to figure out what the data type is. I'm guessing a string.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back