Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting object´s status in 2D Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

heberson

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
BR
HI!!!

A have an applicattion that integrate with Unicenter 3.0 NSM sending cawto messages to a EM Console.
Through these incoming messages I have message records and message actions to set object´s status in 2d map.

At 06:00 AM this application sends many cawto messages overloading the console.
So, some the message record/action fails to set the object status.

Does anyone know some configuration to set the enviroment or the EM console to support many incoming messages withou fail to execute the message record/action???

Thanks a lot for any information.

You might consider making it a full blown agent. Then you'll have a MIB that can store event history and send traps and store status information....

basically all you would need to do is design the MIB based upon what you need to know. Then have your application write to that MIB either through the agent SDK or through any other MIB managing device.

Then you'll need to create an agent definition for world view and the browser... assign some logic for the DSM/FSM.

If it is a critical application in your environment it would probably be a good idea to have it managed by an agent and not the EM any way.

I've built 3 agents from scratch already, so if you need some help or if you'd like to collaborate on having me make it for you I'd be more than willing to do that for you.

Let me know,

Martin Asher
masher@adi-cs.com

If the sky is blue and the Sun is yellow.... Why isn't the air Green?

Martin, I am very interested in agent developement.

Can you start help me on this???

I try to start the SDK but I cannot see anything.

TNG SDK isn´t a GUI ???

Héberson Sette de Almeida
rstti@yahoo.com.br
C.U.E. Certified Unicenter Engineer
I.C.Q. 2772167

Is easier if you use the setstat command.

Your application can be use the cawto to send msg to console, and setstat to set the object status in 2d map.

Regards.

Cristiano Serafim

cristiano_serafim@hotmail.com

Know that using setstat or setilp will connect and disconect to the COR upon EACH execution. In case of event bursts (as I understand, your case) consider using RepServer (and RepClient) !
See Unicenter Implementation CD -> Field Developed Utilities.
We hardly never use setstat or setilp directly - we preferably use repserver which establishes COR connection only once (at startup).
Remember to restart RepServer upon each COR Class Definitions change.
Regards,
SysMan7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back