Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting MWI via SIP trunks with Exchange VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
I'm thinking I need to tell the exchange my message activate and deactivation codes but I cant find any docs online to tell me how/where

If anyone knows of a good setup doc for the Exchange side, that would be appreciated as well.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

With no version information of either Exchange or MCD, I'll just throw a few doc options at you. From the support know-base, there are several docs for configuring different MCD versions to different Exchange versions.

There's also this article:

Article ID #
11-5191-00242 Article Type
Troubleshooting Guide

Article Title
Direct MWI not working when Exchange is upgraded to 2010 SP1 Publish Date
Dec-5-2011

Description/Symptoms
Symptom= Direct MWI does not work after Microsoft Exchange is upgraded to 2010 SP1.

Body/Solutions
Root Cause Analysis:
Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP1 appears to have modify the "From" header with Exchange Profile to "From" header with 3300ICP. As a result, 3300 ICP cannot identify the Exchange Profile based on SIP Peer Profile setup.

Solution:
To associate the Exchange profile by the DID range dialled by Exchange as follows;

In "SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID",
- add the range of local Extensions to be dial by Exchange in the "Incoming DID Range" field; and
- assign the Exchange Profile defined in SIP Peer Profile intended for Exchange Server

Hoist on my own petard.

I am adamant about posting version levels but was obviously distracted on this one.

The current 3300 ver is 4.2
The exchange is 2010

To reiterate

[li]I am confident that the exchange needs to be told the Message Activation and deactivation codes - How? (or if not please explain)[/li]

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

gweetz, thanks for the pointers, that seems to have resolved my issue.

kwbMitel, there were not settings required on the exchange server, once the range was set the MWI was working as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back