Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Huntgroups to Out of Service or send calls to VM automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekinput

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2010
US
Is there any way to have huntgroup calls be sent to the HG VM or set the huntgroup automatically to Out of Service when all members of the huntgroup are out? My users have a button on their phones where they can "login" to the huntgroup and another button to set the HG out of service. Usually the last person on the HG sets the HG to out of service. However, I have a few users that are not on the same area of the office and there is no way the members of the HG can tell if other members are still on the HG.

Not that I know of

You could set Time profiles and stuff

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

If I have user A and B working on one building and C working on another building and they are all part of a HG, how can each know if they are the last one in the HG so they can set it to out of service before leaving the work area?

Can you provide examples how can time profiles and other stuff help with this scenario?
I'm a newbie when it comes to IP Office.

If everyone in the hunt group logs out, doesn't it automatically go into night service?

the only way to take the human factor out is to take the humans out of the equation and that means time profile.
You cannot expect the system to be psychic I am afraid but you could make an overflow group that comes into service after hours and put the bosses extension in there (twinned to the bosses cellphone) and then I am sure that they will only forget once or twice :) and rather call around to check if someone is still working than getting fired.
You could of course also use that time profile on the overflow group to send the calls to vm instead but that is boring.

basic setup
have your regular group and routing when out of service untouched
create a time profile for after hours times and use that to set a newly created group into service when after hours times are reached.
put that new group into the overflow for the regular group which will only work when the group is still in service and if so and all agents are logged out (or busy) then it will go to the new group and from there you can send the vm to wherever you wish (easy with vm pro "leave Point"; harder with embedded)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Set the VM timer to 999 seconds and ensure queuing is off. Then make each user log out of the group before they leave for the day.

When the last person leaves this will also log the last person out of the HG and with no active users and no queuing calls will then go straight to voicemail.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back